A new year is upon us, and now is a great time to consider new marketing goals for your business. Following are five tips that should breathe new life into your marketing efforts for 2015. We hope you find the tips useful, and if you have any questions please send them to us on Twitter.
- Optimize your website. Search engine optimization (SEO) is an internet marketing strategy designed to increase the number of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the organic (un-paid) search results of search engines Google, Yahoo, and Bing. At minimum, each page of your website should clearly identify your business name, what product or service you offer, state where you are located, and feature optimized SEO-related meta tags.
- Make sure your site is mobile friendly. Now that 60% of internet audiences use a mobile device as their primary or exclusive means of going online, it is more crucial than ever for your site to be mobile friendly. At the very least, your site should feature text-based phone numbers and email addresses that can trigger a call or email message from the mobile device used to access it. Ideally, you have a responsive website design, automatically resizing itself based on the screen size of the viewing device. (Check out MARION’s responsive site by simply resizing your browser window.)
- Remember, content is still king. Valuable, high-quality content is the fuel that keeps your internet marketing efforts running. Great content will help your site rank well in the search engines, attract high-quality inbound links, and (perhaps most importantly) attract visitors to your website. The easiest way to do this is via a blog. Search engines reward higher rankings to websites that consistently add fresh content, and blogs generate new content every time an article is published. Need some blog ideas? Start by answering the most frequently asked questions you get from your customers, and the solutions your product or service offer to tackle these challenges. Answer one question per week and you have the foundation for a successful blog.
- Create, or improve, your social media presence. Social media is the new word of mouth for the 21st century. Instead of phoning to tell their friends and coworkers about the product, service, or company they like, or chatting about it around the water cooler, people share it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or whatever other social network they’re part of. In order to grow a social media fan base for your business, you need to create company pages on all of the major social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram). Make sure your company information is complete and that the look and feel is compatible with your other branding efforts. Share content (see above) with followers to expand your company’s visibility and build engagement.
- Review your website and update as necessary. Does your company offer new products or services? Can your readers find the information they are looking for? Is your layout cluttered and confusing? Does your site look outdated? Your website should highlight your product and/or service, also the layout should look harmonious and consistent. If you answered “yes” to any of the questions listed, it’s time to give your site a facelift.
Do you need help implementing your marketing resolutions? Let MARION help with an Internet Marketing Strategy tailored for your business. Get a quote today!