Social media has changed the way businesses interact with their customers. In the past, companies would mass-market their message to anyone who would listen, both online and off. They really didn’t stop to think much about what drove their customer to buy – what they wanted, how they wanted it, etc.
Today, much has changed. In order for businesses to survive, they must have an online business strategy. And that online presence better interact with customers in a way that makes the customer feel both important and valued. A corporate video is a great way to let customers know who you are and what your story is. It can engage an audience and explain how you can help them.
Here are a few corporate video ideas you can include on your website and social media sites like YouTube and Vimeo.
- Interviews with customers: Why not let your customers do the selling for you? Interview several of your customers who have been happy with your product and/or services. Ask them specific questions like what the product/service did for them, and how much value they’ve gotten out of it.
- Showcase your customer service reps: Potential clients want to hear less from executives and more from people who actually interact with customers on a day-to-day basis. These employees can give potential customers real, trusted information about the business, the brand and the company.
- Tell your story: People love stories, so why not tell yours? What made you decide to go into business? Why did you choose your particular product or service? If people know exactly who they’re buying from, they are more likely to trust the brand and the product.
- Company overview: this is equivalent to a company capabilities brochure. These normally include a history of the company, products and/or services, trade association memberships, and awards (if any). In 60 seconds, you can give potential customers the information they want compared to the five or ten minutes it would have taken to read a pamphlet.
- Warehouse and facilities tours: Take a customer on a virtual tour of your warehouse or main office facilities so they can see exactly how things are ordered, shipped and handled. This gives them a sense that ‘yes that company does actually exist.’
A video can give customers an inside view of your business, your brand and your operations. This helps to build trust and gives them a reason to buy from you.
Reach out to us for more information about video and how you can can incorporate it into your Austin internet marketing strategy.