Answer true or false, tally up your score and post how you did. Good luck!
- I have the gift of gab. So in regards to social media, I do most of the gabbing.
- I have so much going on with my company, so I mainly use social media to talk about our awesomeness.
- I’ve read a lot of asinine posts and I typically enjoy telling people how asinine their posts are.
- I don’t (or my company doesn’t) have a Facebook business page.
- I don’t (or my company doesn’t) participate in LinkedIn discussion groups.
- I think social media platforms are mainly for pushing product.
- Business profiles are supposed to be professional. No fun allowed!
- I’m a leader, not a follower, even if it is on Twitter.
- So many people “Like” me on Facebook. It’s like high school (in my imagination) all over again – BUT I haven’t liked them back. I’m just not that into them…
- That’s right, a blog…I completely forgot I have a blog…
- No my business card does not feature my social media links…but I do have my fax number…
- I don’t respond to negative posts on my social media profiles. I delete them. I don’t have time for this hater-ation.
- It’s my account so I should be able to control the discussion.
- I don’t ask people to check-in to my location, I’m not their mom (and if I was, I’d be too cool for that).
- I’m not the “Mayor” of any location in my area…and I don’t plan on running…
- My company logo is the profile pic for all social media accounts. My mug is just not meant to be in a ¾ x ¾ inch square.
- There’s not a real person posting to my account. One less thing I have to do…
- I say “Find us on Facebook” instead of providing the link…scavenger hunts are more fun anyway.
- I don’t need to blog or tweet or anything. I just did all that jive a month ago…
- It’s all about ROI. What the H-E-double toothpicks is ROE??
- Social media is about ME!
- Sharing is caring…Psyche!
All of your answers should be false. Give yourself a point every time you answered false.
…And in case you’re wondering what your score means…
0-15 “False” Answers: The bad news is you failed, but the good news is your hair looks great. Also, there is ample opportunity to improve your Houston social media marketing strategy.
16 “False” Answers: So you passed with a ‘C’. It won’t go on my refrigerator or anything, but it’s ok. Work on changing those “Trues” to “Falses” and you’re on the right track.
17 -22 “False” Answers: So you’re the overachiever that messes up the curve for everybody. This is great news and your work has gotten you on MARION’s Dean List. Don’t stop there! Make sure you strengthen all facets of your online presence. Is your website optimized? Contact MARION today regarding our Houston SEO services.