As the largest social networking platform with an estimated 845 million active users, Facebook is growing in importance for marketers and businesses. Fascinated by the current Facebook statistics, we put together a list of some interesting Facebook facts that we think you should know.
10 Interesting Facebook Facts*
- Facebook accounts for 1 out of every 5 page views on the internet worldwide.
- Facebook users share over 100 billion connections collectively.
- Over 50% of the population in North America uses Facebook.
- 250 million photos are uploaded to Facebook daily.
- There are 2.7 billion likes every single day on Facebook.
- 57% of Facebook users are female and 43% are male
- The social media giant has 425 million mobile users.
- The average Facebook user spends 20 minutes on the site per visit.
- Facebook nearly doubled its revenue in 2011 by making over $1 billion ($600 million in 2010).
- Facebook is available in more than 70 languages.
With this huge crowd of people, customers and companies, it is important for marketers and businesses to develop a well-thought out Internet Marketing Strategy that includes Social Media Marketing.
*Sources: Facebook.com and HubSpot.com.